Are you for a short period of time in Albania? Are you interested to discover many new things, for a limited time? Well our Break city tours are designed for those seeking a brief stay in Albania, or one of the many attractive cultural or historical centers or ethnographic panorama in general. Join us in an impressive journey, that will take you throughout the trail of medieval historic events to a capital that is undergoing dramatic changes.
Kruja (description tour) – Kruja is considered one of the principal old town and is' one of the most glorious cities in Albania. The walking tour takes you through the Ottoman bazaar, wooden shops and displays various gifts and antique items for the home.
Visit the castle walls, Historical Museum dedicated Skanderbeg, and an old house converted into an ethnographic museum, invites you to a special cultural aspect of life in northern Albania.
Good to know
- Location: Kruja
- Duration: 3 Days
- Available days/Dates: Tuesday, Wednesday
- Pick up: Apt Tirana
- Drop off: Apt Tirana
- Service type: Escorted bus tour with professional guide
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Transportation AC vehicle, including all taxes, parking and road tolls
- Professional Local Guide English speaking – according to the program
- Entrance fees as detailed in the program
- Extras out of program
- Mother Teresa (Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu) is generally celebrated as the only Albanian to win a Nobel Prize, though born in Skopje in 1910 (now in Macedonia but then in the Ottoman Empire).
- Between 1950 to 1985 around 600,000 bunkers were built in Albania, they are nearly impossible to destroy so many are still in existence.
- Noding your head in Albania is a disagreement while shaking the head means “yes”, so it can get pretty confusing for tourists.
- At its closest point Albania is only 10km away from Corfu across the Ionian Sea.
- Hoxha’s official title was ‘Comrade-Chairman-Prime Minister-Foreign Minister-Minister of War-Commander in Chief of the People’s Army’ – quite a mouthful!
- Under the leadership of Enver Hoxha, Albania was declared the world’s first atheist state in 1967.
- Xhiro is the name for an evening walk in Albania. Some of the towns close roads to cars at certain times of the evening so locals can talk their daily stroll.
- Norman Wisdom was a cult figure in Albania where he was one of the few Western actors whose films were allowed in the country under Hoxha’s dictatorship
- Officially 70% of Albanians are Muslim but the number who actively practice is much lower.
- George Kastriot Skanderbeg
- Mother Teresa
- Fan Noli
- Pope Clement XI
- Gjon Mili
- Ismail Kadare
- Ferid Murad
- Inva Mula
- Eliza Dushku
- John and Jim Belushi
- Ermonela Joha